Nota de Imprensa
G-SHOCK and Rubik’s Cube® partner to release the collaborative GAE-2100RC-1A
G-SHOCK x Rubik’s Cube® have today announced the release of a limited-edition collaborative timepiece, the GAE-2100RC-1A. Based on the best-selling GA-2100 model. Like its Rubik’s Cube® inspiration, a facelift is just a turn away, with each watch featuring an interchangeable bezel and tool.
The GAE-2100RC-1A features the latest carbon core guard technology in a slimmer, more refined case that gives homage to the much-loved retro look with its unique octagonal bezel, framing an analogue-digital display. Despite its deceptively compact design, this watch is as durable and tough as any G-SHOCK on offer with 200-meter water resistance and shock resistance.
Invented in 1974 by Ernő Rubik, the Rubik’s Cube® has become one of the best-selling toys in history, with 450+million cubes sold to date. Global icons favour the hugely popular puzzle from Harry Styles and Ryan Gosling to Justin Bieber and Will Smith.
On the collaboration, Casio has commented “There are a lot of synergies between G-SHOCK’s approach to building watches and Rubik’s iconic Cube. A tough eye-catching exterior with deeper complexities and a shared ‘Never Give Up’ philosophy make this a very natural partnership.”
The collaboration is available from February 2022 onwards at the G-SHOCK Flagship Store as well as selected retail partners, and is priced at XXX.
Built from a mission by creator Mr. Ibe to create the unbreakable watch, G-SHOCK is the watch that stunned the world with a concept for toughness that defied conventional watchmaking logic. G-SHOCK creates technologically advanced watches that can resist gravity, freezing temperatures, high water pressure and magnetic fields, watches built to last forever through a constant pursuit of toughness. Launched in 1983, G-SHOCK celebrated its 35th Anniversary in 2018 and its watches have sold over 100 million in over 100 countries during that time. Alongside its classic offering, G-SHOCK launched its Premium range in 2011. The G-SHOCK Premium collection uses the highest standards of engineering and rigorous testing at its design centre in Yamagata, Japan, to ensure that every piece remains true to the original concept, whilst a combination of fine materials and styling deliver the ultimate in luxury timepieces.
Invented in 1974 by Erno Rubik, the Rubik's Cube is the most famous puzzle toy in history with 98% global awareness. Recognized for its unique combination of colors and shapes. The Rubik's Cube continues to inspire and challenge all ages for generations to come.
- Display Illumination: Dual Illuminator: Separate illumination of the analogue and digital components ensures optimum readability in low light conditions., Selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), with afterglow
- Battery Life: Approximately 3 years
- Dimensions: 48.5 x 45.4 x 11.8 mm
- Interchangeable Bezel: Features two bezel options (black or white) and bezel changing tool
- Mineral Glass: Hard glass resists scratching
- Shock Resistant: Patented Carbon Core Guard Structure protects against impact and vibration
- Water Resistant: 20 bar
- Alarm Function
- Auto Calendar
- Dual Time & World Time
- Countdown Timer: Range 24 hours, measuring 1 second
- Date and Weekday Display
- Stopwatch Function: 24 hours, Measuring Modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times, Measuring Unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes) 1 second (after 60 minutes)