High-speed laser scanner for extremely high reading performance
It sets new standards in terms of robustness and ergonomics: the impact-resistant Blanview® LCD with scratch-resistant touchscreen is about ten times more robust than normal displays. This makes the CASIO DT-X200 the perfect handheld device for industry, logistics and the retail sector. The device is comfortable to hold and the three practical trigger buttons minimise the amount of finger movement. Depending on the model, the high-speed scanner or imager can instantly read and decode several codes simultaneously — even damaged ones. Integrated RFID/NFC functionality (optional).
At a glance
High-speed laser scanner for extremely high reading performance
Lightweight, non-slip and robust
The CASIO DT-X200 has been ergonomically designed and is extremely resistant to external influences. Its lightweight housing is manufactured from a very durable plastic and can withstand drops onto concrete from a height of 3 m. The balanced design and the non-slip surface on the bottom of the device allow it to be operated easily and effortlessly.
Highest level of protection against dust and splash water
The device also offers optimum protection against dust and water penetration according to the IP67 protection class and is fully functional at temperatures between -20°C and +50°C. Come rain or shine—or even at extremely cold temperatures—the CASIO DT-X200 has the ideal features to prove its worth in the long-term when used in tough working conditions.
High-speed scanner or CMOS imager?
The application determines whether or not a laser scanner for barcodes or an imager for common 2D codes is required. Both reading modules are extremely high-performance. They can read and decode multiple codes—even damaged codes—simultaneously at lightning speed. Good or bad reads are confirmed optically, acoustically and with vibration. This is useful in a noisy environment. Thanks to the increased range, the imager model and the All-Range model have a clear laser aiming point.
Easy to handle, with three conveniently placed scanning buttons
On both the scanner and the imager, the scanning head is angled downwards in order to make it even easier to operate the device. By angling the scanner in this way, the device is more comfortable to hold. It allows the user to see the display during the scanning process. Three trigger buttons minimise the amount of finger movement.
Integrated RFID/NFC functionality
Optionally the CASIO DT-X200 is equipped with an RFID module that weighs a mere 5 g. This module consumes very little energy and does not impair the long battery life of the device. When it comes to contactless smart cards and Near Field Communication (NFC) or RFID transponders, this device supports the established protocols and standards (13.56 MHz).
Scratch-resistant touch screen on impact-resistant display
Whether used for softkey operation, signature capture or submitted to accidental knocks, the Blanview® LCD is around ten times more robust than a normal display. The combination of powerful hardware and an extremely robust construction means that the device represents a secure investment over many years and is suitable for a great number of applications.
Ideal for industrial applications
The CASIO DT-X200 is equipped with a Marvell® PXA 320 processor (806 MHz) and plenty of memory. The operating system of the unit is Microsoft® Windows® Compact 7. It is extremely easy to integrate the mobile devices into existing applications and standard solutions. Bluetooth® (2.1) and WLAN (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n) are integrated for fast data communication.
- CPU: Marvell® PXA320, 806 MHz
- Operating system: Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Compact 7 (English Version)
- RAM: 256MB
- ROM: 512MB
- Size: 2.7 inches (69 mm) diagonally
- Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels, QVGA, 65,536 colours
- Technology: Blanview® TFT colour LCD with LED backlighting and touchscreen
- Dual LED display: 1: Charge of battery (red, orange, green); 2: Communication/scan/application status
- Keyboard: 10 alphanumeric keys, 8 function keys (4 displayed in colour), Enter key, cursor keypad, CLR key, L key, R key (all with backlighting), on/off button
- Initiating scanning: 3 large scanning buttons (centre, left and right)
- Touchscreen: Resistive touchscreen with scratch-resistant surface
- Wireless Communication
- WLAN: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n (max. 65 Mbit/s), WPA2/AES security standard and encryption
- Bluetooth™: Version 2.1 + EDR (up to 2,169.6 kbit/s data rate), backwards compatible with version 2.0 and 1.2
- Memory card slot: Compatible with microSD memory cards (SDHC)
- Expansion port: Electrical and mechanical connection for external hardware modules
- USB contacts: Version 1.1 (Host/Client), USB connection only available via docking station or adapter
- Audio: Built-in microphone (mono) and speaker for signals and audio warnings etc.
- Vibrating alert: To confirm correctly decoded identification codes
- Optoelectronic identification code reader
- Model: Scanner (DT-X200-10E, DT-X200-11E); Imager (DT-X200-20E, DT-X200-21E); All-Range (DT-X200-41E)
- Type: Laser diode, scan rate approx.100/s (DT-X200-10E, DT-X200-11E); CMOS imager, 832 x 640 px (DT-X200-20E, DT-X200-21E); CMOS, 1280 x 1024 (DT-X200-41E)
- Resolution: Barcodes: 0.127 mm, Stacked: 0.127 mm, Barcodes: 0.15 mm (DT-X200-10E, DT-X200-11E); Stacked: 0.168 mm, Matrix: 0.25 mm (DT-X200-20E, DT-X200-21E); Barcodes: 0.127 mm, Stacked: 0.127 mm, Matrix: 0.169 mm (DT-X200-41E)
- Reading distance/Range: Approx. 40 to 550 mm (DT-X200-10E, DT-X200-11E); From a few millimetres to several meters, depending on the size and print quality of the identification code (DT-X200-20E, DT-X200-21E, DT-X200-41E)
- Target beam: Laser light 650 +10/-5 nm, power 1 mW or less (DT-X200-20E, DT-X200-21E, DT-X200-41E)
- Readable 1D barcodes: EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E, ITF 2/5-Interleaved, Codabar (NW-7), Code32, Code39, Code93, Code128, GS1-128 (UCC/EAN128), MSI, ISBT, GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Truncated, GS1 DataBar Limited, GS1 DataBar Expanded and 2/5-Industrial (laser scanner version only)
- Readable 2D stacked codes (stacked 1D codes): GS1 DataBar Stacked, GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked (DT-X200-10E, DT-X200-11E); GS1 DataBar Stacked, GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked, PDF417, Micro PDF, Composite, Codablock F (DT-X200-20E, DT-X200-21E, DT-X200-41E)
- Readable 2D matrix codes: DataMatrix, Maxicode, QR code, Aztec code, Micro QR (DT-X200-20E, DT-X200-21E, DT-X200-41E)
- Contactless SmartCard reader/writer
Electromagnetic identification code
- Technology (frequency 13.56 MHz): NFC interface, Protocol-2, (ISO 21481) (DT-X200-11E); NFC interface, Protocol-2, (ISO 21481) (DT-X200-21E, DT-X200-41E)
- NFC standards: ISO 14443 Typ A/B, Mifare®, FeliCa® (DT-X200-11E); ISO 14443 Typ A/B, Mifare®, FeliCa® (DT-X200-21E, DT-X200-41E)
- RFID standards: ISO 15693, I-CODE, SLI®, Tag-It®, my-d® (DT-X200-11E); ISO 15693, I-CODE, SLI®, Tag-It®, my-d® (DT-X200-21E, DT-X200-41E)
- Power supply
- Operation: 3.7 V lithium-ion battery, 2,860 mAh (for around 20 to 25 hours of operating time)
- Storage protection: Built-in lithium-ion battery
- Ambient conditions
- Drop resistance: Drop height: 3.0 m onto concrete
- Protection against water/dust: IP67 protection class, IEC 60529-compatible (dust-proof and water-resistant against temporary immersion)
- Operating environment: Temperature range -20 to +50°C, relative humidity 10 to 90% (no condensation)
- Dimensions (width x height x depth): Approx. 66 x 187 x 33 mm (device measurement), depth at scanning head approx. 42 mm, 45 mm for All-Range
- Weight: Approx. 285 g (with standard battery)
Availability of models and/or lineups may differ depending on the country or region.
Technical amendments and errors excepted. The sizes in figures do not correspond to the original sizes.
The colours may differ slightly from the original.