Lightweight handheld for fast data capture in shops and retail
Just as convenient as its successful predecessor the DT-X7, and similarly lightweight, the new DT-X100 offers more power and exceptional read performance compared with typical scanner handhelds for all retail applications in shops and warehouses. The Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Compact 7 operating system makes it extremely easy to integrate the mobile devices into existing applications and standard solutions.
At a glance
Lightweight handheld for fast data capture in shops and retail
Ultra-light and perfectly balanced
The CASIO DT-X100 impresses with high performance and ease of use. Its S-shaped design with a central balance point fits perfectly into the user's hand. The predecessor model DT-X7—with the same exterior—received the specialist "Top Produkt Handel" and "iF product design" awards.
Especially easy-to-handle: human-centred design
The CASIO DT-X100 has been optimised for one-handed operation and has a scanner head angled 35 degrees downwards. Its ergonomic shape allows the hand to remain relaxed while scanning and guarantees fatigue-free working.
High-speed scanner or CMOS imager?
The application determines whether or not a laser scanner for barcodes or an imager for common 2D codes is required. Both reading modules are extremely high-performance. They can read multiple codes—even damaged ones—simultaneously at lightning speed. Good or bad reads are confirmed optically, acoustically and with vibration.
Practical: three conveniently placed scanning buttons
By angling the scanner in this way, the device is comfortable to hold and the user can see the display during the scanning process. Three trigger buttons minimise the amount of finger movement. Due to the symmetrical arrangement of the buttons, it is just as easy for both right and left-handed users to operate the device.
A vital feature: filter to counteract flickering of LED lighting
A band-pass filter prevents the high-frequency flickering of LED lighting from interfering with scanning. Optimised decoding algorithms and an improved stabilisation process have also helped to further improve the reading performance, even under modern shop lighting.
Robust and reliable
Despite the low weight of only 165 grams, the handheld device is resistant to external influences. Its housing is made of an elastic plastic and can withstand drops onto concrete from a height of 1 m, rising to 1.5 metres if a bumper is fitted. The device offers protection against dust and splash water according to the IP54 protection class and operates at temperatures between -20°C to +50°C.
Bright, high-contrast colour display
The transflective 240 x 320 pixel LC-display with backlighting provides clear text and symbols with sharp contrast, offering high legibility across a range of working environments. In sunshine or darkness — with this display—which takes up 30 per cent of the total length of the device—the DT-X100 can be optimally used at all times, even under the most unfavourable environmental conditions.
Ideal for use in the shop and warehouse
The CASIO DT-X100 is equipped with a Marvell® PXA 320 processor (806 MHz) and more than enough memory. The operating system of the unit is Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Compact 7. It is extremely easy to integrate the mobile devices into existing applications and standard solutions. Bluetooth® (2.1) and WLAN (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n) are integrated for fast data communication.
- CPU: Marvell® PXA320, 806 MHz
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Compact 7 (english version)
- RAM: 256 MB
- ROM: 512 MB
- Size: 2,4 inch (61 mm) diagonal
- Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels, QVGA, 65.536 colours
- Technology: TFT colour LCD with LED backlight
- 2 LED Indicators: 1: Battery charging status (red, orange, green), 2: Communication/ scan/ application status
- Keyboard: 10 numeric keys with phone keypad characters, 8 function keys (4 colored), Enter key, Cursor keypad, CLR key, ▲key, ▼key, On-/Off key
- Scan Trigger: 3 large scan release buttons (center, left and right)
- Wireless Communication
- WLAN: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n (max. 65 Mbit/s), security standard and encryption WPA2/AES
- Bluetooth™: Version 2.1 + EDR (max. 2,169.6 kbit/s date rate), backward compatible to version 2.0 and 1.2
- Infrared: SIR printer interface
- USB Contacts: Version 1.1 (Host / Client), USB connection only with docking station
- Audio: Built-in microphone (mono) and speaker for signals and alarms etc.
- Vibrating Signal: Confirms successfully decoded ident codes
- Optoelectronic Ident Code Reader
- Model: Scanner (DT-X100-10E), Imager (DT-X100-20E)
- Type: Laser diode, scan rate approx. 100/s (DT-X100-10E), CMOS Imager, 832 x 640 px (DT-X100-20E)
- Resolution: Barcodes: 0.127 mm, Stacked: 0.127 mm (DT-X100-10E), Barcodes: 0.15 mm, Stacked: 0.168 mm, Matrix: 0.25 mm (DT-X100-20E)
- Reading Distance: Approx. 40 to 550 mm (DT-X100-10E), From a distance of a few millimeters to several meters, depending on size and print quality of the ident code (DT-X100-20E)
- Aimer: Laser beam 650 +10/-5 nm, 1 mW or less (DT-X100-20E)
- Readable 1D Symbologies: EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E, ITF 2/5-Interleaved, Codabar (NW-7), Code32, Code39, Code93, Code128, GS1-128 (UCC/EAN128), MSI, ISBT, GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Truncated, GS1 DataBar Limited, GS1 DataBar Expanded und 2/5-Industrial (only laser scanner version)
- Readable 2D Stacked-Codes (stacked 1D-Codes): GS1 DataBar Stacked, GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked (DT-X100-10E), GS1 DataBar Stacked, GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked, PDF417, Micro PDF, Composite, Codablock F (DT-X100-20E)
- Readable 2D Matrix-Codes: DataMatrix, Maxicode, QR-Code, Aztec-Code, Micro QR (DT-X100-20E)
- Operation: 3.7 V lithium-ion battery pack, standard: 1,100 mAh (for approx. 10 to 15 hours operating time), large: 1,880 mAh (for approx. 15 to 25 hours operating time)
- Memory Backup: Integrated lithium-ion battery
- Drop Durability: Drop height: 1.50 m onto concrete (1.0 m without bumper)
- Dust / Water Durability: IP54 protection class, IEC 60529 compatibel (protection against ingress of dust and splashing water on all sides)
- Operating Environment: Temperature range –20 to +50 °C, relative humidity 10 to 80 % (no condensation)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 51 x 169 x 30 mm (basic device size, without bumper)
- Weight: Approx. 165 g with standard battery, approx. 185 g with large battery
Availability of models and/or lineups may differ depending on the country or region.
Technical amendments and errors excepted. The sizes in figures do not correspond to the original sizes.
The colours may differ slightly from the original.