Robust high-spec handheld for a diverse range applications
The IT-G500 from CASIO combines the best of two established and proven product lines with innovative features. The IT-G500 is extremely robust and ergonomic, delivering a strong and powerful performance. Along with its versatile functionality, the handheld is easy to operate, features an excellent 4.3" touch display, and offers exceptional performance and resistance against external influences. There are a total of nine models available, with Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Handheld 6.5 or Embedded Compact 7, enabling the most economical and optimal model of the IT-G500 product line to be used for each task.
At a glance
Robust high-spec handheld for a diverse range applications
Robust industrial terminal and smart business handheld — all in one
The IT-G500 handheld combines advanced technology for optimal ease of use in an extremely robust device, exceeding many relevant specifications of proven handhelds. The IT-G500 has succeeded in balancing the requirements of a robust industrial terminal with those of a smart business handheld. The wide range of features, performance data and ergonomic exterior make the IT-G500 a smart all-rounder in the field of mobile data processing.
High-spec handheld for a diverse range of applications
The CASIO IT-G500 combines advanced technologies for optimal ease of use in an extremely robust unit, with specifications that exceed those of tried-and-tested handhelds. It retains the extreme robustness of an industrial handheld while also providing the versatile functionality and convenience of a business handheld.
Integrated digital camera
The IT-G500 handheld integrates a high-resolution 5-megapixel camera with autofocus, high sensitivity and LED flash that can be used to send photos of goods. A signature on a delivery confirmation sheet or provide evidence of the delivery situation (e.g. in the event of an accident) to the head office. You can even take photos in the dark or outside at night thanks to the extremely bright LED flash.
Exceptionally light and easy to handle: Human-centred design
At approx. 245 to 270 grams, the CASIO IT-G500 is a lightweight device with ergonomics at the forefront of its design. Combined with a low total weight, the device's easy-to-use design, special grip properties and practical button arrangement prove that user acceptance takes centre stage at CASIO.
4.3" touchscreen for a first-class picture
With 480 x 800 pixels, the new crystal clear WVGA display offers around 25% more information and enhanced readability compared with the Casio IT-800. The IT-G500 therefore ensures an amazingly clear, high-contrast image that is exceptionally easy to read in all lighting conditions — even in blazing sunlight. Special CASIO display technology makes the display ten times more robust than conventional screens, meaning it can withstand sudden pressure and will not break. Impact resistance has been improved by the inclusion of a transparent, shock-absorbent material between the LCD and touch panel. The use of CASIO's own LCD screen also allows the IT-G500 to deliver an outstanding power-saving performance despite improved screen visibility both indoors and outdoors.
Extremely robust and reliable
Despite its low weight, the device is resistant to external influences. Its housing is made of an elastic plastic material and can withstand drops onto concrete from a height of 1.50 m, or even greater heights if a bumper is fitted. The device offers IP67 protection against penetration by dust and water and operates at temperatures between -20°C to +50°C — ensuring that it is fully equipped for long-term use in tough working conditions.
Wireless WAN (HSPA/UMTS/EGPRS (EDGE)/GPRS/GSM) and GPS included
The IT-G500 is equipped with GPRS (EDGE/GSM etc.) and GPS and can transmit data such as information on the load state and successful delivery completion from the driver to the head office in real-time and determine the precise location of the vehicle. This enables managers to optimise operations in their business and e.g. instruct the nearest driver to complete a pickup. Navigation applications are also possible.
Large, high-resolution colour display
It comes with a 480 x 800 pixel screen, the WVGA display provides 23% more surface area and information than a conventional VGA display. With LED backlighting, it provides optimal readability in the dark in a wide range of working environments. The special display technology from CASIO ensures that the touchscreen can withstand abrupt impacts and does not break.
Chip cards and barcodes
The IT-G500 features an integrated laser scanner or CMOS imager for decoding one or two dimensional barcodes.The IT-G500 features an integrated smart card reader and/or a writer for Near Field Communication as standard. This enables you to deal with tickets and check ID cards with the quick and simple use of a Mifare® or FeliCa® system. This function also allows you to protect the terminal from unauthorised access.
Easy and comfortable to use
The CASIO IT-G500 has been optimised for one-handed operation and has a scanner head angled downwards by 25°. By angling the scanner in this way, the device is comfortable to hold and the user can see the display during the scanning process. Three trigger buttons minimise the amount of finger movement. Due to the symmetrical arrangement of the buttons, it is just as easy for both right and left-handed users to operate the device.
Bluetooth® and wireless LAN (a/b/g/n) included
Bluetooth® and Wireless LAN offer offers many of possibilities for integrating modern data transfer standards in powerful industrial applications. Thanks to the integrated WLAN and Bluetooth® interface, a wide range of communication solutions is at your fingertips: this includes data transfer in or out of the company network range, mobile printers and network printers, as well as synchronisation between the IT-G500 and a PC or other terminals.
High-speed scanner or CMOS imager?
The application determines whether or not a laser scanner for barcodes or an imager for common 2D codes is required. Both reading modules are extremely high-performance. They can read multiple codes—even damaged ones—simultaneously at lightning speed. The read result is confirmed optically or acoustically and with vibration.
Windows Embedded Handheld ®6.5
The IT-G500 works with Microsoft® Windows® Mobile 6.5 as its operating system. It guarantees simple integration into existing and state-of-the-art solutions and provides the best possible support for communication via Bluetooth®, Wireless WAN or LAN. Numerous standard solutions are available on the Internet for Windows ® Mobile.
A vital feature: Filter to counteract flickering of LED lighting
A band-pass filter prevents the high-frequency flickering of LED lighting from interfering with scanning. Optimised decoding algorithms and an improved stabilisation process have also helped to further improve reading performance, even under modern shop lighting.
Outstanding ergonomics and simple operation
The IT-G500 makes work easier and increases efficiency, as it was developed in accordance with ISO 13407 with a strong focus on the needs of the end-user. The design of the product is based on a universal design concept and is unique in the industrial design of hand-held terminals. Its slim, ergonomically-designed housing, large display and user-friendly keys guarantee efficient, fatigue-free use over many hours. This design is particularly popular with users in the transport, postal and delivery industries.
Digital camera with built-in RFID/NFC and GPS
The built-in digital camera is ideally suited to creating documentation for the purposes of quality assurance and recording damage. Common protocols in the fields of RFID, contactless smart cards and near field communication (NFC) are supported. The current location can be easily determined using the position coordinates of the integrated GPS.
Drop and splash proof in accordance with IP67
CASIO hardware stands for complete reliability and long life. The devices prove their worth every day in tough working conditions. The housing of the IT-G500 is made from durable plastic and can withstand drops onto concrete from a height of 1.5 metres. It is also dust and splash-proof in accordance with IP67 and is fully functional in temperatures of -20°C to +50°C. Whether rain, shine or extremely cold temperatures, the IT-G500 has what it takes to survive years in a tough working environment.
Signature capture directly on the display
The scratch-resistant surface of the touch screen allows for handwritten input, such as confirming receipt via a signature. The special display technology ensures that the touch panel can withstand abrupt impacts and does not break. The display is approximately ten times more robust than normal screens.
Ready for demanding applications
The CASIO IT-G500 is equipped with the powerful ARM® Cortex® A9 Dual Core Processor (1.5 GHz). Together with generous memory (1 GB or 512 MB RAM and 4 GB ROM), the device provides high levels of performance. "Powered by Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Handheld 6.5 or Embedded Compact 7" technology makes it easy to integrate the device into existing applications and standard solutions. This guarantees that the device will be a secure investment over many years and suitable for use in a diverse range of demanding applications.
Ideal for use in the retail, industry and service sectors
Thanks to a selection of nine different models, the most economical and optimal model of the IT-G500 series can be used for each task. One group features a built-in laser scanner, while another is equipped with a CMOS imager. In addition to fast WLAN capabilities, both groups can also be made mobile if required through the use of SIM cards for WWAN.
- CPU: ARM® Cortex®-A9, 1,5 GHz, dual-core
- Operating System (model dependent): Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Compact 7 / Embedded Handheld 6.5 (english versions)
- RAM (model dependent): 1 GB in versions with WEC 7 / 512 MB in versions with WEH 6.5
- ROM: 4GB
- Size: 4.3 inch (110 mm) diagonal
- Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels, WVGA, 16,700,000 colours
- Technology: TFT colour LCD with LED backlight and touch panel
- 2 LED Indicators: 1: Battery charging status (red, orange, green) 2: Communication/ scan/ application status (blue, orange)
- Keyboard: 10 numeric keys with phone keypad characters, 4 function keys (colored), Enter key, Cursor keypad, CLR key, Fn key, Font key, (-) and (.) keys (all backlit), On-/Off key
- Scan Trigger: 3 large scan release buttons (center, left and right)
- Touch-screen: Industrial touch panel (scratch-resistant) with resistive touch
- Wireless Communication
- WLAN: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n (max. 65 Mbit/s), security standard and encryption WPA2/AES
- WWAN (model dependent): 3G: HSPA, UMTS (900/2100 MHz), EGPRS (EDGE), GPRS, GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- BluetoothTM: BluetoothTM integrated + EDR
- GPS (model dependent): 12 Chanel Receiver, NMEA-0183, standard in versions with WWAN
- Memory Card Slot: Compatible with microSD memory cards (SDHC)
- SIM Card Slot: Compatible with microSIM cards, standard in versions with WWAN
- Expansion Port: Electrical and mechanical connection for external hardware modules
- USB Port: Version 2.0 (host / client), USB connection with docking station or Micro-USB AB connector
- Headset Connector: 3.5 mm jack for earphone and microphone
- Digital Camera (model dependent): Photo / video, resolution 5.0 MPx, lens (f = 3.53 mm, 1:2.8), autofocus and LED flash
- Audio: integrated microphone and receiver for telephony (model dependent), speaker for signals and alarms etc.
- Vibrating Signal: Confirms successfully decoded ident codes
- Laser Scanner (model dependent)
- Technology: Laser diode, resolution 0,127 mm, scan rate approx. 100/s
- Reading Distance: Approx. 40 to 550 mm
- Readable 1D Symbologies: EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E, ITF 2/5-Interleaved, Codabar (NW-7), Code32, Code39, Code93, Code128, GS1-128 (UCC/EAN128), MSI, ISBT, GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Truncated, GS1 DataBar Limited, GS1 DataBar Expanded und 2/5-Industrial
- Readable 2D Stacked-Codes: GS1 DataBar Stacked, GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked
- Imager (model dependent)
- Technology: Autofocus CMOS imager, resolution 832 x 640 px, 1D = 0.15 mm, 2D = 0.25 mm
- Reading Distance: From a distance of a few millimeters to several meters, depending on size and print quality of the ident code
- Aimer: Laser beam 650 +10/-5 nm, power 1 mW or less
- Readable 1D Symbologies: Selection as in the laser scanner version, but without 2/5 Industrial Code
- Readable 2D Stacked-Codes: Selection as in the laser scanner version, plus PDF417, Micro PDF, Composite, Codablock F
- Readable 2D Matrix-Codes: DataMatrix, Maxicode, QR-Code, Aztec-Code, Micro QR
- RFID / NFC Functionality (model dependent)
- Technology: Reader / writer, NFC interface, protocol-2 (ISO 21481), frequency 13.56 MHz
- NFC Standards: ISO 14443 Typ A/B, Mifare®, FeliCa®
- RFID Standards: ISO 15693, I-CODE, SLI®, Tag-It®, my-d®
- Operation: 3.7 V lithium-ion battery pack: standard = 1,850 mAh, large = 3,700 mAh
- Memory Backup: Integrated lithium battery
- Drop Durability: Drop height: 1.50 m onto concrete
- Dust / Water Durability: IP67 protection rating, IEC 60529 compatible (dust-proof and water-resistant against temporary submersion)
- Operating Environment: Temperature range –20 to +50 °C, relative humidity 10 to 90 % (no condensation)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 74 x 175 x 22 mm (basic device size)
- Weight (with standard battery): Approx. 245 to 270 g (WWAN model)
Availability of models and/or lineups may differ depending on the country or region.
Technical amendments and errors excepted. The sizes in figures do not correspond to the original sizes.
The colours may differ slightly from the original.