Powerful performance with an ergonomic design
The handheld DT-970 is a real powerhouse, as it only needs two alkaline batteries (AA) for approximately 200 hours of operating time. The device is able to withstand being dropped onto concrete from heights of up to two metres, meaning it is protected from the impacts, knocks and drops from height that typically occur in everyday work situations. Thanks to the dust and splash protection in accordance with IP67, the device can be used in environments where many other devices would malfunction within a short amount of time. The robust handheld device is impressive, not at least because of its ergonomic design. Depending on the type of application, terminals can be selected with a straight or angled scanner head.
At a glance
Powerful performance with an ergonomic design
Human-centred Design – ergonomic, relaxed, intuitive
When it came to designing the DT-970, it was clear from the very beginning that the focus lay on people: The device is very comfortable to hold and has been optimised for effortless one-handed operation. The convenient balance point of the DT-970 allows the device to be held comfortably. The sophisticated design and the nonslip surface allow a relaxed and secure grip, meaning that the movements required to perform are easy to produce.
Robust, reliable and ready to use at any time
The specifications of the DT-970 enable the device to be used easily at any location where no complex infrastructure is available. Potential applications include compiling inventories, preparing orders and checking incoming goods. In such instances, no Wi-Fi network or charging cradle infrastructure is required. Two AA alkaline batteries are all that is needed to use the device.
Drop resistant, waterproof, dustproof
The device is able to withstand being dropped onto concrete from heights of up to two metres, meaning it is protected from the impacts, knocks and drops from heights that typically occur on a day-to-day basis while performing heavy-duty work. Thanks to the dust and splash protection in accordance with IP67, the device can be used in environments where many other devices would malfunction within a short time. The device can be used within a large temperature range, from -20 to +50°C, allowing outdoor use all year round or applications in cold storage locations.
Pure power for operating periods of up to 200 hours
Thanks to a sophisticated power management system, the DT-970 is ideally suited for long-term use. Two alkaline batteries (AA) are sufficient for the device to achieve an operating period of up to 200 hours. In addition to the widely available and simple-to-replace AA batteries, the device can also be operated using rechargeable NiMH batteries.
The perfect scanning angle for each application
Two models are available, each of which is characterised by a different scanning angle. As a result, the ideal device can be selected to match the intended application spectrum. In addition, the scanner features a configurable laser-beam width, ensuring scans are performed quickly and with a minimum degree of error even while scanning barcodes that are positioned close together.
Scanning data into running applications
The DT-970 is equipped with Bluetooth® HID – for fast and simple data transfers between the DT-970 and tablets or PCs. This functionality opens up many interesting potential applications, especially when it comes to simple data-capture processes. For example, the DT-970 can be deployed as an externally connected scanner using Bluetooth® or USB connection, allowing the operator to scan data into standard applications that are already running.
- CPU: 32-bit CPU
- Drop durability: 2.0m
- Dust/splash-proof: IP67 (compliant with IEC60529 standard)
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +50°C
- RAM: 8MB (user area: approx. 3MB)
- ROM: 32MB (user area: approx. 28MB)
- LCD: 5.8cm (2.3 inch) 128x128 pixel FSTN monochrome LCD
- Status LED: (blue, green, red)
- Keyboard: Power on/off Key, CLR Key, BS Key, Text-/Numbers Key, Side Trigger Keys, Center Trigger Key, L/R Multifunction Keys, Cursor Key, Numeric (Alphabet) Keys, F1 to F8 Function Keys, Reset Key
- Trigger Keys: 3 (center, left, right)
- Bluetooth®: Bluetooth® Ver.2.1+EDR (Class2)
- Infrared: IrDA Version 1.0 compatible (115.2kbps max.)
- Card slot: microSD memory card (SDHC)
- USB (Micro-B): USB 2.0
- Type: Laser Scanner
- Resolution: 0.127mm
- Laser alignment: Angled (DT-970M50E), Horizontal (DT-970M51E)
- Readable distance: 45mm to 550mm (DT-970M50E), 40mm to 550mm (DT-970M51E)
- 1D: GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Truncated, GS1 DataBar Limited, GS1 DataBar Expanded, Code128/GS1-128 (UCC/EAN128), Code93, Code39, EAN8, EAN13, UPC-A, UPC-E, Codabar (NW-7), IATA, MSI, Interleaved 2 of 5 (ITF), Industrial 2 of 5
- Stacked: GS1 DataBar Stacked, GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked, GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional
- Main power
- 2x alkaline batteries size AA: Approx. 200 hours *1
- 2x rechargeable NiMH batteries size AA: When using rechargable batteries only NiMH batteries are approved by CASIO.
- Memory Backup
- 1x CR2032: Memory backup approx. 20 days *2
- Vibrator: Standard
- External dimensions (WxDxH): ~ 54.0 (52.0) x 173.5 x 25.0 (26.9)mm (outside handle)
- Weight: Approx. 215g (incl. 2x alkaline batteries)
*1 When operated at room temperature and on the condition that two scans are performed within ten seconds.
*2 Memory backup at room temperature - the specified time applies if the memory-backup battery alone is used to power the memory backup.
As at: March 2014. BLUETOOTH is the registered trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A. and was licensed to CASIO Computer Co., Ltd. Other product names and company names are registered brand names or trademarks of their respective right owners. The design and specifications are subject to change without notice. The colour represented in the images may differ from the actual colours. Screen content is simulated. The specifications in the table above are valid as at March 2014 and are subject to change without prior notice.
Availability of models and/or lineups may differ depending on the country or region.
Technical amendments and errors excepted. The sizes in figures do not correspond to the original sizes.
The colours may differ slightly from the original.